Mentor Graphics Wins DesignCon Award for Interconnect Technologies
The DesignCon Awards for Design & Test have been announced, and Mentor Graphics was recognized in the interconnects technologies and components category.
From the 20th annual DesignCon show being held this week in Santa Clara, Calif., event organizers announced the winners of the Best in Design & Test awards, recognizing the best product advancements in electronic engineering.
The DesignCon Best in Design & Test awards recognize the best of the best in terms of engineering and new product advancements at the chip, board, or system levels, with a special emphasis on signal integrity and power integrity. Winners were announced in nine categories:
- Interconnect Technologies & Components: Xpedition Package Integrator, Mentor Graphics
- General Purpose Test: VirtualBench, National Instruments
- Signal Integrity/High-Speed Test: SV3C CPRX 4-Lane C-PHY Analyzer, Introspect Technology
- Semiconductor/IP: Semiconductor Test System (STS) Series, National Instruments
- RF/Microwave Test: PXI Vector Network Analyzer, Keysight Technologies
- Power/Analog Tools: WEBENCH PCB Export, Texas Instruments
- EMI Design Tools & Test: R&S RTE Digital Oscilloscope, Rohde & Schwarz
- Design Verification Tools: Valydate VERA, Valydate Inc.
- Board & System Design & Simulation: Xpedition Enterprise, Mentor Graphics
“The winners of this year’s Best in Design & Test awards represent some of the most exciting technologies and methodologies available today,” said DesignCon Technical Program Director Janine Love. “We’re honored to recognize these nine innovative products and extend congratulations to all nominees.”
DesignCon also named the Engineer of the Year winner, Michael Steinberger, lead architect at SiSoft, based on the leadership, creativity, and out-of-the-box thinking he brings to the design/test community. As in previous years, the Engineer of the Year Award was sponsored by National Instruments, which provided a $10,000 grant or scholarship to the educational institution of Steinberger’s choice, the California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
The winners of the DesignCon Best in Design & Test awards were chosen by popular vote of the DesignCon, EDN, and EE Times communities — after editors narrowed down nominees to a list of finalists.