Interconnect News: February 2016
By News Release | February 10, 2016
Have you read the latest interconnect news? We’ve got the week’s product, show, personnel, and business announcements from your favorite interconnect suppliers.
LEMO Celebrates 70th Anniversary
LEMO is celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2016. After seven decades of innovation, the company now offers 75,000 product combinations, a product range that continues to grow through custom-specific designs. READ MORE
Connector Manufacturers’ Announcements
- ITT Cannon’s aluminum and composite Circular Series III connectors received EN3645 certification. Certified in the US under MIL-DTL-38999, this latest certification makes the series available to customers in the European commercial aerospace market.
- Smiths Connectors is partnering with Phoenix Test Arrays to deliver Silmat test sockets to the global semiconductor test industry.
- TTI received two awards from Amphenol Socapex for its outstanding performance throughout 2015 – Distributor of the Year and Best Performing MIL 38999 Series Distributor.
- TLC Electronics promoted Matt Bushaw to customer service lead, and welcomed two new team members – Senior Customer Service Representative Gabrielle Feivor and Materials Supervisor Chris Kaizer.
- Mouser launched a new power management technology site to provide engineers with easily accessible information about the latest advances in power management technologies including regulators, MOSFETs, passives, and related components.
- WAGO’s 2059 ultra-compact, surface-mount terminal blocks are now approved for larger 20AWG/0.5mm² conductors. Rated for up to 3A and featuring a 2.7mm profile, the series is ideal for use in small LED modules, spotlights, downlights, and streetlights.
- Binder’s Harsh Environment Connector (HEC) Series is now available in eight- and 12-pin versions. Highly resistant to shock, vibration, climactic conditions, and industrial and chemical substances, the series features a three-point bayonet locking mechanism to ensure a safe, secure connection.
- Ironwood Electronics released a new BGA socket design. Employing a high-performance elastomer capable of 40GHz, very low inductance, high endurance, and wide temperature applications, the SMP-BGA-8007 socket operates at bandwidths up to 40GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss.
- Yamaichi Electronics has extended its M12 Y-Circ M and circular, push-pull Y-Circ P connector series with new Cat 6A versions, which enable interference-free signal transmission at up to 10Gb/s.
Distributors Now Carry
- TLC Electronics now carries JST’s new XNI Series wire-to-board, crimp-style connectors. Featuring a 2.5mm pitch and a unique locking mechanism that prevents false mating, the series delivers high reliability and stable contact performance in high-vibration applications.
- PEI-Genesis now stocks Amphenol’s A Series, Ecomate, and Ecomate RM Series heavy-duty, high-performance connectors for demanding industrial applications including heavy equipment, factory automation, agriculture, military, transportation, machinery, and power generation.
- TTI now offers TE’s environmentally sealed AMPLIMITE D-subminiature connectors. Featuring grommet sealing on the wire entry, a one-piece interfacial seal on the mating face, and internal sealing, the series provides excellent protection against dust and water ingress, exceeds IP67 performance levels at depths up to one meter, and is ideal for marine, aerospace, and defense applications.
- The registration period for the 2016 TI Innovation Challenge European Design Contest – which is sponsored by Mouser and open to teams of undergraduate and graduate students in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa – ends on Monday, February 29.
- SCHURTER is demonstrating its high performance AC connectors, switches, and circuit protection products at MD&M West, February 9 – 11, 2016, in Anaheim, Calif.
- Yamaichi Electronics is promoting its new Cat 6A connectors at Southern Manufacturing & Electronics 2016, February 9 – 11, in the UK.
- Mouser will showcase its comprehensive range of design cycle support services, tools, and products at Embedded World 2016, which will take place in Nuremburg, February 23 – 25.
Latest posts by News Release (see all)
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017