Week in Review for February 5, 2016
By News Release | February 05, 2016
Bishop & Associates Electronics Industry Confidence Index for January, along with the latest news from the connector and cable industry, are featured in this issue’s Week in Review.
How Confident is the Electronics Industry?
Every month Bishop & Associates asks for readers’ insights into the electronics industry to compile the industry confidence index. The January Electronics Industry Confidence Index is 55.2, up slightly from December at 54.3. For more detail on regional views of current and future business prospects, click here.
Avnet Names Chuck Delph President of Electronics Marketing Americas
Avnet announced that Chuck Delph has been appointed president of Avnet Electronics Marketing (EM) for the Americas region, which supplies electronic components, embedded solutions, and associated design chain and supply chain services to the North, South, and Central American markets. READ FULL STORY
Cable Assembly Announcements
- GTK is now certified to AS9100C. This globally recognized aerospace and defense standard incorporates all elements of ISO 9001 certification but requires significantly higher levels of control in several different operational areas to satisfy mission-critical application demands for full traceability and the most rigorous quality standards.
- TE launched its new MATEnet modular and scalable connector for automotive Ethernet. Capable of transmitting up to 1Gbit/s and designed to withstand harsh automotive environments, the new connector reliably transmits large volumes of data to meet increased demand for networking and bandwidth in vehicles.
- TE also now offers a Power Triple Lock connector with make-first, break-last (MFBL) functionality. Designed to fulfill a key application requirement for a variety of mid-range power connections, including power cords and power supplies for appliances and commercial building equipment, the new MFBL connector allows the ground connection to be established before power connections are made and maintains the connection until the power connections are broken.
- ODU released its new ODU AMC and ODU AMC High-Density USB 3.0 connector solutions to the European market. Delivering high-performance data transmission, high reliability, and easy handling, the connectors are ideal for mission-critical, weight- and space-constrained soldier communication systems including helmet mounted-cameras, radios, headsets, GPS, battery packs, computers/PANs, wrist-worn displays, and rifle-mounted systems.
- Lapp Group introduced the new EPIC connector kits. Available in standard, vibration-resistant, and EMI/corrosion-resistant configurations, the kits contain all the components required to create a complete connector assembly including NPT entry hood, base, inserts, and covers.
- HellermannTyton announced the new Ratchet P Clamp cable bundle and wire management solution. Durable, versatile, and engineered to streamline wire harness installation in heavy-duty indoor and outdoor applications, the Ratchet P Clamp helps reduce maintenance costs and minimizes part inventory requirements.
Distributors Now Carry
- Mouser now stocks Amphenol RF’s PSMP board-to-board connectors. Featuring a compact, three-piece design and 12.6mm minimum board spacing, the series enables maximum flexibility for high-density board spacing and is ideal for use in blind-mating situations and a variety of high-power applications including base stations, radios, filters, amplifiers, and handheld radios.
- Mouser also now carries TE’s Fortis Zd LRM modular connector system for rugged, next-generation packaging applications including avionics boxes and military ground vehicles. Featuring a rugged, lightweight, multi-bay shell that accepts high-speed digital signal, power, RF, and optical modules, the series provides electrical stability in high-vibration environments.
- Avnet introduced its new Agate IoT Solution, a family of integrated hardware, software, and services kits designed to help OEMs develop low-cost, long-life connected gateways and network edge devices for next-generation IoT applications.
- Schleuniger will demonstrate its popular CoaxStrip 5200, UniStrip 2300, and RotaryStrip 2400 bench-top wire stripping machines at four upcoming EPTECH trade shows across Canada.
Latest posts by News Release (see all)
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017