Schleuniger CT Series Pneumatic Crimping Machines for Loose-Piece Crimping Applications
Next-generation replacements for the Schleuniger CT Series Pneumatic Crimping Machines offer more power, flexibility, and productivity.
For years, the Schleuniger CT Series Pneumatic Crimping Machines have proven an ideal solution for a large range of loose-piece crimping applications. Now Schleuniger has launched the next generation replacement machines with the introduction of the new CT series. All of the new models feature a fresh new look along with increased power, flexibility, productivity, and improved ergonomics.
The replacement for each machine is as follows:
- CT 30S replaces the CT 28
- CT 34 replaces the CT 32
- CT 34S replaces the CT 32S
- CT 36 replaces the CT 35
- CT 60 replaces the CT 55
The new CT series machines feature several improvements that translate into real benefits for customers:
- More power: The CT 34, 34S, and 36 can supply up to 4 kN (0.4 tons) more crimping force, reaching a maximum force of 35 kN (3.9 tons). The CT 60 can supply up to 15 kN (1.7 tons) more crimping force, reaching a maximum force of 75kN (8.4 tons).
- More ergonomic: All the machines have a 15-degree tilt that provides an optimal viewing angle of the crimping area.
- Increased visibility: All machines (except the CT 30S) feature LED lights that enhance visibility of the crimping area.
- Faster changeovers: All machines (except the CT 30S) use the new “Quick Change” die adapter system for faster changeovers and are compatible with the previous CT series female-fitting Schleuniger die with the appropriate die adapter. Also, the new Quick Change system allows for fast changeover times by preparing for upcoming jobs by using additional (optional) die adapters.
- More applications: The CT 30S uses the expanded catalog of new Schleuniger male-fitting die sets for insulated and non-insulated, closed and open barrel terminals, ferrules, and butt splices. The CT 30S is not compatible with previous CT series female-fitting Schleuniger die sets. All other machines can also use the new Schleuniger male-fitting die sets by using the proper die adapter.
- Backward compatibility: For customers with existing CT crimping presses (except the CT 28), it is possible to use the new Schleuniger male-fitting die sets by purchasing the proper die adapter for each machine.
- Safer: All the machines, except the CT 60, come with either a spring or pneumatic pre-loaded crimping head, which helps to properly and safely position the terminal before crimping. As an added safety benefit, on both the CT 34S and the CT 36, the crimping portion of the cycle cannot be actuated if the crimp dies are opened more than 5.9mm (0.23 in.).
There is now an even larger availability of crimping dies, shapes, and die adapters to meet application needs. Additionally, the selling price of the CT 34, 34S, and 36 include the customer’s choice of one type of die adapter. Other die adapters can be purchased as an option. Custom-made die sets and die adapters are available upon request.