Molex Hermetic-Sealed Multi-Fiber Circular MT Optical Assemblies
Molex Hermetic-Sealed Multi-Fiber Circular MT Optical Assemblies ensure extreme sealing and long-term reliability for applications in harsh environments.
Molex Incorporated has launched its Hermetic-Sealed Multi-Fiber Circular MT Optical Assemblies, which deliver extreme sealing performance in the industry’s smallest footprint. The new MT Optical Assemblies provide system reliability in extreme environments, including severe weather conditions, high altitudes, and high atmospheric pressures. These conditions can cause ordinary surveillance and sensor equipment to fail, which can create critical communication problems.
Hermetic sealing can address this problem, but only under certain circumstances. “Hermetic sealing for fiber optic connections has historically been limited to large, single-channel applications and until now was unavailable in a high-density, reduced-footprint, multi-channel option,” said Mark Matus, global product manager, Molex. “The Hermetic-Sealed Multi-Fiber Circular MT Optical Assemblies, which are designed for critical-use applications where long-term system reliability in harsh environments is critical, ensure industry-leading, gas-tight sealing for superior performance.”
Hermetic-Sealed Multi-Fiber Circular MT Optical Assemblies contain 12 to 24 fibers in one small-footprint connector compared with similar products that utilize discrete-fiber (one fiber per contact) connector designs.
The assemblies are appropriate for applications that require optimal environmental and pressure-sealing capabilities, such as aerospace and defense, mining, oil and gas exploration, industrial process control, and medical. They can operate in temperatures ranging from -40° to +158°F (-40° to +70°C).
Key features of the Hermetic-Sealed Multi-Fiber Circular MT Optical Assemblies include:
- A multi-fiber MT interface with 12 to 24 flat-ribbon fiber counts for the industry’s densest fiber count in a compact hermetic interface for maximum data transfer; this makes the HSMFC MT Optical Assemblies ideal for tight panel configurations where space is at a premium.
- Sealing rates to 1×10-6 helium (He) cc/sec at one atmosphere differential pressure
- Stainless steel connector housings, which provide high durability and corrosion resistance
- Conduit fiber protection when superior crush resistance and extended sealing capabilities are required
- Singlemode and multimode fiber options available