Belden Modular Industrial Patch Panels
Belden Modular Industrial Patch Panels deliver a single solution for structured management of fiber, copper, or combination cabling.
Belden Inc. announced new distinct ranges of structured Modular Industrial Patch Panel (MIPP) products for harsh industrial applications. With three robust and versatile termination panel options, engineers and installers can easily connect both fiber and copper cables from operating environments to active equipment.
“There’s a clear trend in the use of both industrial Ethernet and fiber infrastructures in industrial networks. Our customers have been looking for a single solution to connect either fiber or copper cabling or a combination of both,” said Loredana Coscotin, product marketing manager for industrial cable at Belden. “The enhancements to our MIPPs do just that – offering efficient, low-maintenance, and secure connections between cables and switches in performance-critical applications.”
There are three industrial-strength MIPPs available:
- The MIPP Fiber Splice Box is designed to efficiently terminate various types of fiber cabling in a wide range of industrial applications. A single MIPP Fiber Splice Box allows for termination and patching of up to 72 fiber cables, saving customers both space and costs, especially in closed cabinets where space is at a premium.
- The MIPP Copper Patch Panel ensures maximum reliability for both industrial Ethernet and PROFINET networks. Together, through Belden’s MIPP and DataTuff patch cords, copper cables can be terminated and linked to active equipment in an organized and structured manner. One MIPP Copper Patch Panel can terminate and patch up to 24 copper cables.
- For networks using both fiber and copper cabling in place, the MIPP Mix integrates the connection of both cabling infrastructures in one single solution. With high port density and flexibility, the combination of copper and fiber ports can include up to six modules per device.
Each of the MIPPs are constructed of lightweight, high-strength aluminum in order to securely protect the cabling connections under the harshest industrial conditions. The products’ rugged design and UL 1863 certification delivers peace of mind to network engineers and system installers in environments, like power transmission and distribution, transportation, alternative power generation, machine building, and automation.
“The features of our MIPPs support the next level of network availability required of industrial applications,” said Coscotin. “As network connectivity needs expand, with limited space available, we made versatile, high port density a priority – along with the ability to easily install, maintain, and update these space-saving modules, both now and in the future.”
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017