Hirose’s BM22 Series Micro Hybrid, Board-to-FPC Connectors
Hirose’s BM22 Series Micro Hybrid, Board-to-FPC Connectors in small form factor
Hirose now offers a hybrid, board-to-FPC, small form factor connector capable of delivering nearly three times the power of similar-sized conventional connectors. The four-position BM22 Series connector measures just 4.24 x 2.64mm with a mated height of only 0.9mm. Its tiny size and high current capacity make the BM22 Series an ideal choice for design engineers who need to optimize power transmissions while minimizing their PCB footprint.
Additional features of the Hirose’s BM22 Series connector include:
- Four-position (2 power + 2 signal) or six-position (2 power + 4 signal)
- Polarized to prevent incorrect mating
- Power and signal contacts provide secure, reliable contact through two-point contact structure
- High retention force with locking feature on the power contacts
- Contact resistance suppressed and temperature rise with 4A of current is less than 30°C
- Guidance ribs for a self-aligning range of 0.3mm without any special adjustments
- Allows for direct soldering to the FPC/PCB without any wiring or terminals to be crimped
“Miniaturization is a major trend,” said Rick van Weezel, vice-president of sales and marketing for Hirose Electric USA. “Although products keep getting smaller, the current required to power these products often remains the same or even increases. The Hirose BM22 Series connector addresses both of these issues by providing an efficient and effective connection in a miniature form factor, with a unique design that enables our customers’ engineers to move a lot of current through a small space.”
The Hirose BM22 Series connectors carry a voltage rating of 50V AC/DC, are RoHS-compliant, and halogen-free. The housing is made of LCP and the contact is a copper alloy with a gold-plated finish over nickel underplating. Typical applications for the BM22 Series connectors include mobile phones, digital cameras, barcode scanners, portable medical devices, as well as computers and accessories.